The basis of the analysis presented in this report is a questionnaire prepared by the Regional Steering Group for CRVS in Asia and the Pacific and sent to all ESCAP member States and associate members. The questionnaire focused on progress towards implementing the Regional Action Framework. The report consists of five chapters:
- Achieving universal birth registration;
- Recording all deaths and causes of death;
- Using civil registration records for vital statistics;
- The Regional Action Framework, a catalyst to improve CRVS systems; and
- Horizons for CRVS in Asia and the Pacific.