- Maintaining CRVS during COVID-19
- New codes for COVID-19 in ICD-10
- Continued progress on ending statelessness
- Legal review of CRVS in Pacific countries
- Inequality assessments and recording mortality data
- Due to the ongoing developments with COVID-19, all CRVS-related events organised by ESCAP are currently postponed until further notice. However, preparations for the Second Ministerial Conference on CRVS in Asia and the Pacific continue and the Conference is still expected to occur from 6 - 9 October 2020, in Bangkok, Thailand.
- The Data for Health (D4H) Initiative released the Verbal Autopsy Interpretation, Performance and Evaluation Resource (VIPER). The new resource helps users analyze and understand cause of death data generated from verbal autopsy, as well as create data visualizations.
- The University of Melbourne's Data for Health (D4H) team has produced a training video to support physicians and data encoders on accurately coding and certifying deaths caused by COVID-19.