- Launch of Getting Every One in the Picture - a snapshot of progress midway through the Asian and Pacific Civil Registration and Vital Statistics Decade
- Curriculum on medical certification of cause of death for PICTs report
- Global COVID-19 Consortium launching report on COVID's impact on Stateless people
- Improving civil registration of births and deaths: How can the health sector contribute?
- CRVS Champion: Gemma Van Halderen
- The World Health Organization will be launching a Regional Report on the Health-Related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Targets in the Eastern Mediterranean Region, which will be held as a virtual webinar on Wednesday, 16 June 2021, from 10:30am to 1:30pm (Cairo time, UTC+2). Intersted participants can join the Zoom Meeting here with meeting ID - 989 1481 6906 and passcode - 067680.
- On 14 - 16 June 2021, and 28 - 30 June 2021, ESCAP and UNICEF are co-organising two workshops in Lahore and Muzaffarabad outlining the essentials of CRVS activity in Pakistan in support of the Technical Support Unit for CRVS. More information about the workshops can be found on www.getinthepicture.org.
- Newly updated, the 11th revision of the WHO International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11) now provides over 17,000 diagnostic categories, along with 130,000 medical diagnostic terms and additional COVID-19 emergency codes. The ICD-11 is fully digitized for online or offline use and boasts several improvements and updates to support governments, the medical community and data users.