- Stats Café: Excess mortality and the importance of data in the fight against COVID-19
- Launch of Guidelines for estimating completeness of civil registration of vital events
- First regional workshop on Estimating Completeness of Civil Registration of Birth and Deaths
- Inception Workshop: Assessing Inequalities in Civil Registration in Lao PDR
- Strengthening the production and use of vital statistics in Lao PDR
- First national workshop on demographic and statistical capacity building in Fiji
- Multisectoral coordination meeting to strengthen the CRVS system in Pakistan
- 60 million Filipinos complete the PhilSys Step 2 registration
- The 78th session of the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) will be held in a hybrid modality from 23 to 27 May 2022 at the United Nations Conference Centre in Bangkok and online. Guided by the theme “A common agenda to advance sustainable development in Asia and the Pacific”, the annual session will be an opportunity to discuss and shape the future of regional cooperation centered around a new form of multilateralism and regional cooperation. The outcomes of the Second Ministerial Conference on CRVS in Asia and the Pacific will be highlighted during the session.
- Tapping into administrative data in census-taking: an emerging trend in Asia and the Pacific. ESCAP Stats Brief, April 2022 (Issue no. 31). This Brief is part of the ESCAP’s work on population registers and censuses under the Bloomberg Philanthropies Data for Health Initiative (D4H) Project: “Supporting improvements to civil registration and vital statistics (CRVS) systems in Asia and the Pacific (Phase III)”.
- The 2021 ID4D and G2Px Annual Report highlights the work done in 2021 to advance #GoodID & #digitalpayments to empower people and build inclusive & dynamic digital economies. Download here.