This is the report of the first meeting of National CRVS Steering and Coordination Committee held in Hotel Marriot- Islamabad and supported through WHO under its COIA initiative. Following were the main workshop objectives;
- To discuss the progress made for CRVS improvement and implementation of CRVS Strategic Plan.
- To urge the provincial and special area governments to notify their provincial steering and coordination committees so that national strategic direction could be translated.
- To identify various thematic areas for future deliberations. (eg Legal Framework and Resources for Civil Registration, Registration Practices, Coverage, and Completeness, Death
- Certification and Cause of Death, ICD Mortality Coding Practices, Data Access, Use and Quality Checks) and suggest scope of work.
- To foster political commitment for CRVS promotion.