- Regional CRVS Initiative Featured in ESCAP’s Technical Cooperation Highlights 2020-2021
- Upcoming Launch of OpenCRVS Version 1.0
- Regional Demographic Training Workshop on Evaluation of Age and Sex Data
- EGRISS Statelessness Subgroup Meeting to Finalize the International Recommendations on Statelessness Statistics (IROSS)
- Launch of the E-Learning Course for Mainstreaming Gender in Official Statistics
- United Nations Expert Group Meeting on Innovative Methods to Measure the Impact of Covid-19 on Mortality through Surveys and Censuses
- CRVS Champion: Dr. Muhammad Asif
- Launch of OpenCRVS v1.0 on Wednesday 29th June. Interested participants can join one of two webinars. Registration here.
- Session 1: June 29th at 9:00 am (BST) / 11:00 am (EAT) / 1:30 pm (IST)
- Session 2: June 29th at 10:00 am (EDT) / 3:00 pm (BST) / 5:00 pm (EAT) / 7:30 pm (IST)
- Performance barriers of Civil Registration System in Bihar: An exploratory study. Full paper.
- Kiribati Data Production Policy: The National Statistics Office of Kiribati, in partnership with the Office of Civil Registration has developed a Data Protection Policy which aims to ensure the security of data in Kiribati. The policy provides a much needed model for other countries seeking to include data protection measures in their legal frameworks.
- The international Programs Center of the U.S. Census Bureau has released a Select Topics in International Censuses on Using Administrative Data in Traditional Censuses.
- Call for Applications: Population, Ethics, and Human Rights Fellowship : Follow the link for more information.
- Opportunity for an internship (2 to 6 months) with the Statistics Division’s Civil Registration and Vital Statistics team. For more details, follow this link.
- UNLIA TF is looking for a consultant to help develop a costed strategic action plan to implement the UN Legal Identity Agenda framework for achieving SGD 16.9 – legal identity for all, including birth registration by 2030. The link of the vacancy with specific tasks and deliverables is available here.