- Launch of the Getting Every One in the Picture - a snapshot of progress midway through the Asian and Pacific CRVS Decade
- Preparations for the Second Ministerial Conference on CRVS moving forward
- WHO releases annual report tracking health-related SDG indicators
- CRVS Champion: Carla AbouZahr
- On 12 August, from 14:30 to 16:30 (India standard time) the WHO SEARO, Vital Strategies, ECA and ESCAP will host a webinar in which three selected countries will share their experiences using the Business Process Improvement methodology to improve their CRVS systems. The Webinar is being organized around the Civil Registration Day organized by Africa on 10th August of every year and is meant to encourage participating countries to adapt similar approaches in their current endeavor in bringing about major improvements in their CRVS system. Interested readers can register for the meeting here.
- The Centre of Excellence for CRVS Systems recently released a new report on Constructing the Foundations for Legal Identity in Post-Conflict Settings. The new report includes country-specific case studies of Afghanistan, Georgia, Rwanda and South Africa and aims to contribute to the achievement of Target 16.9 under Sustainable Development Goal 16 by analyzing the role of the civil register and the legal underpinnings for identity.
- Following its launch on 23 June, the WHO and UNICEF released new, jointly developed guidance for health sector managers, civil registrars and development partners on improving the civil registration of births and deaths in low-income countries. The guidance describes the mutual benefits that would accrue to individuals and societies from enhanced collaboration between the health and civil registration systems and presents some common scenarios in which live births, stillbirths, and deaths occur and outlines key steps that health workers can take to enable them to be registered.
- Statistics Singapore recently announced the release of the results from the Census of Population 2020. The census is the most comprehensive source of information on population and households and provides benchmark data for demographic and social statistics for the nation of Singapore.