- Side event on Implementation of the UN Legal Identity Agenda
- International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11) now in effect
- Inception workshop launches CRVS Inequality Assessment project in Pakistan
- Release of CRVS profiles for Pacific Islands
- New chapter added to the CRVSID Legal and Regulatory Review Toolkit
- CRVS Champion: Ms. Gloria Mathenge
- The 53rd session of the Statistical Commission will be held online 1-4 March 2022. Agenda item 3f focuses on Civil Registration, Vital Statistics and Statelessness statistics.
- The 8th meeting of the Regional Steering Group for Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (CRVS) in Asia and the Pacific will be organized online on 9-10 March 2022, at 13:00-16:00 Bangkok time (GMT+7). Members have been invited directly.
- The 9th Asia-Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development (APFSD) will be organized on 28-31 March 2022 with the theme of "Building back better from COVID-19 while advancing the full implementation of the 2030 Agenda in Asia and the Pacific”. Side events can be organized and sponsored by Member States, UN agencies, other Intergovernmental organizations, accredited Civil Society Organizations or other stakeholders.
- The 78th session of the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) will be held in a hybrid modality from 23 to 27 May 2022 at the United Nations Conference Centre in Bangkok and online. Guided by the theme “A common agenda to advance sustainable development in Asia and the Pacific”, the annual session will be an opportunity to discuss and shape the future of regional cooperation centered around a new form of multilateralism and regional cooperation. The outcomes of the Second Ministerial Conference on CRVS in Asia and the Pacific will be highlighted during the session.
- Vital statistics resources: This page constitutes a hub of available resources for building capacity in the production of vital statistics, from international guidelines to e-learning courses.
- Regional study on late birth registration, issuance of nationality documents and statelessness: Standards, best practices, barriers and challenges in Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Dominican Republic and Uruguay. This document was jointly prepared by the Regional Bureau for the Americas of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and the Universal Civil Identity Program in the Americas (PUICA), part of the Department for Effective Public Management (DEPM) within the Organization of American States (OAS).