The biennial meetings of Ministers of Health for the Pacific Island Countries help develop a consensus view of health in the Pacific and set future directions in the effort to build Healthy Islands. A Healthy Islands vision aspires to a place where:
- children are nurtured in body and mind
- environments invite learning and leisure
- people work and age with dignity
- ecological balance is a source of pride and
- the oceans that sustain us are protected.
Subsequent biennial meetings of Pacific ministers of health review progress toward the health islands vision in light of the evolving health landscape.